Despite increasing awareness and campaigns aimed at educating drivers about alcohol, fatigue and speeding, road accidents continue to be a very common cause of injuries.
This may be anything from simple whiplash and bruising to multiple injuries. If you have been injured in a road traffic accident that was not entirely your fault you are likely to be able to claim for compensation, whether you were a driver or passenger of a vehicle, a cyclist or a pedestrian. If the person who caused the accident is not insured or you do not know their identity you may still be able to claim compensation through the Motor Insurers' Bureau.
Our solicitors understand the trauma that road traffic accidents can cause and the devastating effect they can have on the injured person and their families. We will guide you through the relevant points of law and ensure you obtain the maximum compensation possible.
What can I claim?
The value of your claim will depend on a number of factors including:
- The nature of the injury or illness
- Whether your child (or you) recover fully from the injury or illness or if it has a long term effect on their health and well being
- The amount of any losses you incur as a result of the injury
You can claim compensation for the following things if they are a result of your injury:
- Pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Loss of earnings
- Medical and nursing care costs
- Special equipment needed to carry out daily activities and any costs involved in adapting your home
- Other expenses incurred as a result of your injury, for example, travel expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment.
Contact us to speak to one of our specialist lawyers in total confidence and they will discuss the details of your claim.
Free Advice on personal injury claims
Drop into our Dronfield branch, or call in advance for a FREE 30 minute consultation with our specialists or call 0114 218 4049.
- Injuries at work or in a road accident
- Trips or slips in public places
- Injuries to children
- Industrial diseases
- Criminal injuries
- Clinical negligence claims
Every Wednesday 5-7pm
Arrange an appointment at one of our local offices
- Client Story 1 - We recently won £4500 for a lady client arising from an accident at work
- Client Story 2 - We recently won damages for an elderly lady injured in a road traffic accident
- Client Story 3 - Mr J, the amateur athlete – award of nearly £200,000 to reflect change of lifestyle
- Client Story 4 - Mrs H is an elderly lady who was involved in a Road Traffic Accident whilst driving in the countryside