Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate that was used as insulation material from the 1920's and as a building material during the 1950's, 60s, 70s and 80s because of its chemical and heat resistant properties. Its use since the mid 90s has decreased dramatically as the dangers associated with asbestos became known and its use was restricted.
According to Health and Safety Executive statistics, 1 in every 100 men born in the 1940s will die of an asbestos-related disease. Many people who develop diseases due to exposure to asbestos may be eligible for compensation. Taylor&Emmet specialist solicitors have in-depth knowledge of this complicated area of the law.
What can I claim?
The value of your claim will depend on a number of factors including:
- The nature of the injury or illness
- Whether your child (or you) recover fully from the injury or illness or if it has a long term effect on their health and well being
- The amount of any losses you incur as a result of the injury
You can claim compensation for the following things if they are a result of your injury:
- Pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Loss of earnings
- Medical and nursing care costs
- Special equipment needed to carry out daily activities and any costs involved in adapting your home
- Other expenses incurred as a result of your injury, for example, travel expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment.
Contact us to speak to one of our specialist lawyers in total confidence and they will discuss the details of your claim.
Free Advice on personal injury claims
Drop into our Dronfield branch, or call in advance for a FREE 30 minute consultation with our specialists or call 0114 218 4049.
- Injuries at work or in a road accident
- Trips or slips in public places
- Injuries to children
- Industrial diseases
- Criminal injuries
- Clinical negligence claims
Every Wednesday 5-7pm
Arrange an appointment at one of our local offices
- Client Story 1 - We recently won £4500 for a lady client arising from an accident at work
- Client Story 2 - We recently won damages for an elderly lady injured in a road traffic accident
- Client Story 3 - Mr J, the amateur athlete – award of nearly £200,000 to reflect change of lifestyle
- Client Story 4 - Mrs H is an elderly lady who was involved in a Road Traffic Accident whilst driving in the countryside